Data Structure MCQ – More MCQ With Answer Part-3
1. Each node in a singly linked list have ______ fields
2. Quotation marks are also called as ____________.
A. string delimiters.
Answer: A.string delimiters.
3. A string `s` consists of x, y and if x is an empty string then y is called as___________.
A. initial substring.
B. substring of s.
C. node of the string.
Answer: A.initial substring.
4. The length of the string can be listed as an additional item in _____________.
A. base pointer.
B. pointer array.
Answer: B.pointer array.
5. Who invented Quick sort procedure?
6. For the heap sort, access to nodes involves simple _______________ operations.
7. The maximum number of nodes on level i of a binary tree is ___________.
8. The number of edges in a regular graph of degree d and n vertices is _______.
A. maximum of n,d.
9. Which of the following is useful in traversing a given graph by Breath first search?
10. What is an external sorting algorithm?
A. Algorithm that uses tape or disk during the sort
B. Algorithm that uses main memory during the sort
C. Algorithm that involves swapping
D. Algorithm that are considered in place
Answer: A.Algorithm that uses tape or disk during the sort
11. Allocating memory for arrays during program compilation is___________.
A. dynamic memory allocation.
B. memory allocation.
C. static allocation.
D. random allocation.
Answer: C.static allocation.
12. The elements of an array are allocated in spaces________.
D. on any order.
13. Accessing and processing each array elements is called __________.
14. An m*n array has _________number of elements.
15. The sequence (1,1) (2,1) (3,1) (1,2) (2,2) (3,2) . . . .represents _________.
A. row major order.
B. column major order.
C. random order.
D. successive order.
Answer: B.column major order.
16. ______ is not a technique of tree traversal.
17. Selection sort and quick sort both fall into the same category of sorting algorithms._________ is thatcategory.
A. O(n log n) sorts.
B. Divide-and-conquer sorts.
C. Interchange sorts.
D. Average time is quadratic.
Answer: C.Interchange sorts.
18. The possibility of two different keys k1 & k2 yielding the same hash address is called__________.
19. Uniform distribution of the hash address throughout the given set L is __________.
A. reduce the number of collision.
B. increase the number of collision.
C. totally avoid collision.
D. manage address.
Answer: A.reduce the number of collision.
20. An edge E is called _________ if it has identical endpoints.
A. multiple edges.
21. __________involves maintaining two tables in memory.
22. An _________ is a well defined list of steps for solving a problem.
23. The data items in a record form a ________ structure which can be described by means of level numbers.
24. A path P of length n from a node u to a node v is defined as a sequence of _________ nodes.
25. A vertex of degree one is called __________.
B. isolated vertex
C. null vertex
D. colored vertex
26. A connected graph T without any cycles is called _____________.
A. a tree graph.
B. free tree.
C. a tree.
D. all of the above.
Answer: D.all of the above.
27. If every node u in G is adjacent to every other node v in G, A graph is said to be _______.
D. Strongly connected.
28. In a graph G if e=(u,v), then u and v are called ___________.
B. adjacent nodes.
D. all of the above.
Answer: D.all of the above.
29. Which of the following is true while inserting a new node in the list?
A. Check there is node in the list.
B. Check in the free node in the pool.
C. There is no node.
Answer: B.Check in the free node in the pool.
30. Which of the following data structures are indexed structures?
A. Linear arrays.
B. Linked lists.
D. First address.
Answer: A.Linear arrays.
31. The efficiency of a BFS algorithm is dependent on _______.
32. The average number of key comparisons done in a successful sequential search in a list of length n is____________.
A. log n.
33. Divide and conquer is an important algorithm design paradigm based on _______.
A. multi-branched recursion.
B. single-branched recursion.
C. two-way recursion.
Answer: A.multi-branched recursion.
34. The correctness of a divide and conquer algorithm is usually proved by _________.
A. mathematical theorem.
B. de-Morgan `s law.
C. mathematical induction.
Answer: C.mathematical induction.
35. The ____________ is used in an elegant sorting algorithm.
A. Heap sort.
B. Quick sort.
C. Merge sort.
D. Radix sort.
Answer: A.Heap sort.
36. ____________ is finding a path/tour through the graph such that every vertex is visited exactly once.
A. Travelling Salesman tour.
B. Eulerian tour.
C. Hamiltonian tour.
Answer: C.Hamiltonian tour.
37. ____________ data structure is used to implement Depth First search.
B. Linked list.
38. The binary tree that has n leaf nodes. The number of nodes of degree 2 in this tree is
D. None of the above
39. Each entry in a linked list is a called a_______________.
C. Data Structure.
40. Which of the following is two way lists?
A. Grounded header list.
B. Circular header list.
C. Linked list with header and trailer nodes.
D. List traversed in two directions.
Answer: D.List traversed in two directions.
41. In a linked list the _________field contains the address of next element in the list.
A. Link field.
B. Next element field.
C. Start field.
D. Info field .
Answer: A.Link field.
42. A list that has no nodes is called________.
A. End list.
B. Zero list.
C. Null list.
D. Sentinel list.
Answer: C.Null list.
43. The special list which consists of unused memory space is called __________.
A. Free space.
B. Empty space.
C. Available space.
D. Free storage list.
Answer: D.Free storage list.
44. The efficient searching algorithm for algorithm for a sorted array is _________.
A. Binary search.
B. Linear search.
C. Indexed search.
D. Repeated search.
Answer: A.Binary search.
45. To insert a new node in linked list free node will be available in ___________.
A. Available list.
B. Avail list.
C. Free node list.
D. Memory space list.
Answer: B.Avail list.
46. A ______________ list is a header list where the node points back to the header node.
A. Circular header.
B. Grounded header.
C. Two way header.
D. One way header.
Answer: A.Circular header.
47. How many pointers are necessarily changed for the insertion in a Linked List?
48. An algorithm that calls itself directly or indirectly is known as ____________.
A. Sub algorithm. .
C. Polish notation.
D. Traversal algorithm.