OPSC Geologists Syllabus
OPSC Geologists Recruitment Syllabus: The OPSC Geologists Recruitment Written Examination will consist of 2 papers with 450 marks (Paper-I – 150 marks and Paper-Il – 300 marks). All question papers will be set in English and the same should be answered in English only.
OPSC Geologist Recruitment Syllabus Papers
Paper — I — General Studies & Awareness Test.
|Paper||Pattern||No of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|General Studies & Awareness||Objective Type / Multiple Choice Questions||75||150||90 Minutes|
Details of General Studies & Awareness Test
The paper in General Studies & Awareness will include Knowledge of
- Current Affairs
- General Science
- Political Science
- Space Science
Paper — ii — Specialization Paper
|Subject||Pattern||No of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|Geology||Objective Type / Multiple Choice Questions||150||300||Minutes|
Details of Specialization Paper (Geology)
- Remote Sensing
- Structural Geology
- Igneous Petrology
- Metamorphic Petrology
- Rock Mechanics
- Geographical Information System
- Ground Water Hydrology
Viva Voce Test: 50 Marks
- All questions shall be of multiple type and will carry equal marks.
- For each wrong answer 0.5 marks shall be deducted from the marks awarded for correct answers.
- Only those candidates, who have been shortlisted after written test shall be called for viva voce test by the Commission.
- Marks secured in all subjects including viva voce test, shall be taken into consideration for preparation of final select list.